Visas for language courses


If you think you need a visa to study in the UK, please read this information carefully.  Information on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, but please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website for the latest information.

If you are a citizen of an European Economic Area country or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to study in the UK.  However, you do need a valid document, either a passport or identity card, to enter the UK.

List of countries in the European Economic Area: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK and the Vatican.

There are different types of visa for students:


How to apply for a visa

You need to apply for a Short Term Study Visa (6 or 11 months). DO NOT apply for a Tier 4 study visa.

The link “visa application centre” leads you the centre in your country where you need to register online again, and book your appointment.”