If you think you need a visa to study in the UK, please read this information carefully. Information on this page is correct to the best of our knowledge, but please refer to the UK Visas and Immigration website for the latest information.
If you are a citizen of an European Economic Area country or Switzerland, you do not need a visa to study in the UK. However, you do need a valid document, either a passport or identity card, to enter the UK.
List of countries in the European Economic Area: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK and the Vatican.
There are different types of visa for students:
- Short Term Study Visa (6 months) – if you want to study a full-time course (15 hours or more per week) for less than six calendar months. After full payment, Victoria School will send you a Course Confirmation document. You need to present this document to a British Embassy or Consulate in your country to get your visa. Non-visa nationals (see below*) can present the Course Confirmation document to a UK Borders Authority official at the port of entry in the UK to get this visa. This visa does not allow you to work in the UK, and cannot be extended or changed. By the time this visa expires you must have left the UK.
- Short Term Study Visa (11 months) – if you want to study a full-time course (15 hours or more per week) for between six and eleven calendar months. After full payment, Victoria School will send you a Course Confirmation document. You need to present this document to a British Embassy or Consulate in your country to get a Visa. This applies to all applicants – you cannot get this visa at a port of entry in the UK. This visa does not allow you to work in the UK, and cannot be extended or changed. By the time this visa expires you must have left the UK.
- In all cases you have to satisfy UK Borders Authority that you have enough money to pay for your course, accommodation and living expenses.
- Click here for the list of visa national countries
- *non-visa national countries are those not on this list
- In the case that your visa is refused, a refund is only payable on Victoria School being shown documentary evidence of a visa refusal. We will then refund fees paid minus bank charges and a £200 administration fee. In the case of your visa being revoked, there is no refund.
How to apply for a visa
You need to apply for a Short Term Study Visa (6 or 11 months). DO NOT apply for a Tier 4 study visa.
- First, go to this link: https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
- Then press the green button, which says “Start now”
- Then you have to register for an account.
- You should then receive a form to complete online.
- After completing the form, you need to pay the visa fee online.
- Then print out your form.
- When you have done this and organised all your supporting documents, you need to book an appointment at the visa application centre.
The link “visa application centre” leads you the centre in your country where you need to register online again, and book your appointment.”