Terms and Conditions
- Please complete the online registration form.
- Your booking will be confirmed normally within 1 day and you will be sent a confirmation & payment information.
- If you need a visa to come to the UK then a full payment is required before confirmation documents can be issued.
- Minimum age 16 years.
- Courses are from Monday to Friday excluding Public Holiday
- If you wish to take a holiday in the middle of the course, please tell the office at least 2 weeks before the holiday date. The holiday period will then be added to the end of your course.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to the School or to any class without giving a reason.
- We cannot take responsibility for loss, damage or accident of any kind.
- The school reserves the right to change the stated course times and to cancel courses. This happens very rarely.
Courses & fees
- Course fees include:
- all tuition costs
- use of self-study centre
- some social events
- attendance certificate
- The registration fee is £50 and includes:
- free email & internet access
- course materials for courses under 4 weeks
- course information pack, student card & useful local information
- Course fees does not include:
- examination fees
- entrance fees for some social events
- bank charges
- credit card surcharges
- course books
- Registration fee not charged for 1-week courses
- 1 lesson is 40 minutes unless otherwise stated. For timetabling reasons, lessons may be split into units of 60 minutes, in this case class time is the same.
- Course books
- 2 week courses or longer: £50
- 1 week course: loan books are available free against a £50 deposit which is refunded on return of an unmarked and undamaged book
- There is no book fee for courses:
- GE15 (pm), GE22 (pm)
- BE15 (pm), BE22 (pm)
- IELTS 15, IELTS22
Homestay accommodation booking
- There is a non-refundable £50 booking fee for this service.
- Accommodation payment terms:
- To confirm your homestay accommodation you must pay the booking fee plus the first two weeks’ rent (or the whole amount for 1 week bookings ) at least two weeks in advance.
- For last minute bookings this payment is due on receipt of our invoice.
- The balance is due on the first day of study.
- Accommodation is normally booked from Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday.
- Additional days are subject to availability.
- Bookings of less than 1 week will be charged the full week rate.
- A confirmation and location link will be emailed to you.
- Hosts cannot meet you at the airport. A taxi pick-up service is available.
- The booking fee is non-refundable.
- If you wish to cancel accommodation then at least fourteen days written notice must be given.
- If you cancel more than two weeks before entering your homestay accommodation we will refund the advance rent payment less bank charges.
- If you cancel two weeks or less before entering the accommodation you will be charged two weeks’ rent.
- If you cancel after arrival, seven days written notice must be given or you will be charged one week’s rent
- In the unlikely event that the host cannot host you due to a change in circumstances, then we ask them to give at least 2 weeks’ notice so that we have enough time to find another host for you. Any money you have paid in advance for accommodation will be carried over to pay the new host.
- We have our own Homestay Hosts and Private Home Hosts however we do use the services of Hosts International at peak times. Terms and Conditions of Hosts International will be confirmed before booking.
- There is a non-refundable £50 booking fee for this service.
- The minimum age is 18.
- Student houses, residences and apartments are all booked through Britannia Travel, London Nest or Unite.
- This accommodation is not monitored by Victoria School of English and would therefore only suit independent students.
- Students agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the individual accommodation providers. Terms and Conditions of the provider will be confirmed before booking.
- If you cancel your accommodation any refund is at the discretion of the accommodation provider.
- All fees must be paid in full, in advance before we can book any of the accommodation listed on this website.
- All hotels and hostels listed on the site are for information only and not recommended by us. They must be booked directly.
Accommodation availability and price
- Accommodation is subject to availability at time of booking.
- If we are unable to organise accommodation at the prices stated on this website, you are under no obligation, and your booking will not be processed without your consent.
- If you cancel your course more than two weeks before the course start date we will refund any fees paid less bank charges.
- If you cancel your course two weeks or less before the start date you will be charged a £200 cancellation fee.
- Please note that these cancellation conditions do not apply if your course enrolment has supported a visa application. If you do not get your visa then we will refund the money paid minus £200 and minus bank charges. If your visa is refused documentary evidence will be required before any refund is made.
- There is no refund if you cancel your course on or after the course start date.
- Please note that different conditions may apply for students booking through an agent. Please check with the agent.
- Any changes to the conditions are at the discretion of management.
- For One-to-One lessons please see below.
- One-to-One lessons can be arranged depending on the availability of a teacher.
- You can book:
- a Fixed Course of One-to-One lessons. This is defined as 5 hours or more in any one week.
- Adhoc One-to-One lessons. This is defined as 4 hours or less in any one week.
- When we have confirmed that the teacher is available to teach you, we will request full payment. We need to receive this payment 2 weeks before the start of your One-to-One lessons. For last minute bookings (less than 2 weeks notice), we require immediate payment.
- Cancellation policy:
- We require a full 2 weeks notice to cancel or reschedule a Fixed Course of One-to-One lessons.
- We require 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule Adhoc One-to-One lessons or last minute bookings.
- If you cancel or reschedule your course without giving the above notice you will be charged the fee for the lessons.
- Requests received outside office hours will be deemed to have been received on the next working day.
- Office hours are Monday to Friday 09:30 to 17:00 excluding holidays.
- Lessons missed are not repeated, credited or refunded.
- Any exceptions are at the discretion of the management.
- We strongly advise that you purchase travel insurance before you leave your home country. This should cover loss of and/or damage to your personal belongings, medical expenses in the event you are ill, and tuition fees in the event of an unexpected cancellation or curtailment of your course or accoomodation.
- Please contact us if you want us to arrange student insurance cover.
- The school is closed on Saturdays and Sundays and public bank holidays.
- The school is shut from 16 December 2017 and reopens on 08 January 2018.
Public holidays in 2018 are:
- 30 March (Good Friday)
- 02 April (Easter Monday)
- 07 May (Early May Bank Holiday)
- 28 May (Spring Bank Holiday)
- 27 August (Summer Bank Holiday)
- The school is shut from 22 December 2018 and reopens on 07 January 2019.
- 1 and 2-week course bookings will be invoiced pro-rata if there is a public holiday within the period of the course. For longer courses no reduction is given.
- A £200 deposit or full payment of course fees is required at least two weeks before the course start date in order to confirm the course booking. The balance is due in full on the first course day.
- For bookings made less than two weeks before course start date, full fees are payable on receipt of our invoice.
- Payment can be made by credit card or by bank transfer. Please refer to your invoice for our bank details.
- Please quote your first name, family name and invoice number on bank transfers as a reference.
- Please ensure all bank charges are paid in connection with the transfer, or add £15 to your invoice to cover bank charges we have to pay.
- We do not accept American Express.
Company Name: Victoria School of English Ltd
Company Number: 01261742
Registered in: England & Wales
Registered office and trading address: 28 Graham Terrace, London SW1W 8JH, UK