We run English language classes for adults and students from 16 years of age.
- We are committed to ensuring that any Under 18s at Victoria School feel safe and welcome.
- We have many policies and procedures in place to make sure that this happens.
- We have safeguarding policies in place for students who are 16 and 17 years old.
- All teachers, staff and selected hosts are subject to DBS checks (Disclosure and Barring Service).
- All teachers and staff have been trained in Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures.
- Under 18s will be taught in English language classes of mixed ages and all teachers are aware who is under 18 in the class.
- Attendance of Under 18s is closely monitored and contact details of parents and guardians are taken in case of an emergency. We request parents or guardians to sign and return a consent form.
- A Welfare Officer called Jill Hooton is on-site to help with any problems the student may have and 24 hour Emergency Contact details are listed on our Course Confirmation document.
- 24 hour Emergency Contact details are listed on our Course Confirmation document. On arrival at Victoria School, we give all students a card which has the 24 hour emergency telephone numbers and the social trip emergency number.
- Homestay accommodation can only be booked on a half-board basis. This includes bed, breakfast and dinner. Any request for bed and breakfast only must have the permission of a parent or guardian.
- We organise some social activities however there is no leisure programme included in the price. We have provision for any Under 18s who attend social activities to ensure they are looked after. We have a dedicated telephone number for the Social Organiser and this number is given to all students attending the social event.
- There is no supervision of Under 18s after scheduled lessons have finished. The Under 18s will need to be able to travel on their own on public transport from their accommodation to and from Victoria School. We will make every effort to help in any way to support and help with travel arrangments.
- Download our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy Statement